This position is responsible for supporting the plant to ensure vans are built timely and accurately. Responsibilities include assembling and installing cabinetry into vans.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Operate, calibrate, adjust, and maintain edge bander.
- Quality control finished edge banding.
- Ensure that there is proper adhesion.
- Ensure that flat and radius edges are set properly.
- Manage and maintain all materials, tools, and logs for edge banding.
- Understand and perform all proper operational and safety procedures.
- Know all proper operational temperatures, pressures, and deflections.
- Understand and be able to make all key adjustments.
- Establish maintenance, service, and parts logs for edge bander.
- Maintain strict adherence to cleaning, lubricating, and maintenance of machine (Including factory maintenance schedule).
- Be able to operate different wood working tools, such as hand router, table router, table saw, jig saw, panel saw, drill press, blum machine, belt sander, palm sander, 12v impact gun, 12v drill gun, biscuit joiner and heat gun
- Maintain a clean area and positive work environment.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Establish, maintain, and ensure highest quality of edge banding.
- Read and understand schematics, drawings, and invoices
- Experience with use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving, systems and method improvements skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change.
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting, kneeling, lying or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Regular lifting up to 50 pounds. Infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual manufacturing environment.
- Regular visits to the office and plant; safety procedures for both areas must be followed