This position is responsible for the day to day operations of Outside Van’s CNC router; primary responsibilities include using Computer Numerical Control router(s) to cut various material such as wood and plastic to cut standard parts.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Setup, calibration and arrange the CNC router properly before beginning any, and all work – properly shut down the machine at the end of each day.
- Read and comprehend blueprints as instructions for the machine.
- Firm understanding of how to read and interpret assembly drawings.
- Operate the machine safely at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC tooling; monitor the life of the tools and change when needed.
- Clean, maintain, and perform routine inspections on the machine, including creating and maintaining the maintenance schedule for the machine.
- Attend and occasionally guide safety and educational training meetings.
- Train apprentices and backup on how to use and maintain the router properly.
- Create, implement and verify SOP’s, Work Instructions and forms as needed for new or revised equipment and processes.
- Create and manage daily scheduling for the router that supports the production demand.
- May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of products.
- Work directly with and interface with both production staff and engineering team.
- Support safety guidelines and quality inspections.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience with CAD software preferred
- Experience with assemblies, part design and assembly/manufacturing drawings
- Experience in the auto industry – aftermarket equipment and RV industry systems/hardware
- Proficient with MS Office, including Excel and OneNote
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving, systems and method improvements skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Occasionally will lift up to 50 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual office environment.
- Regular visits to the plant; safety procedures for both areas must be followed
- May require occasional travel