This position is responsible for producing machined parts by utilizing predetermined programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineer/production manager for orders, processes, and/or problems.
- Program equipment and adjust machine controls, such as heating mechanisms, tensions, or speeds, to produce specified products. Adjust as fabrics and styles change.
- Operate machines to cut multiple layers of fabric into parts for upholstery. Run test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Inspect products to ensure that the quality standards and specifications are met.
- Record information about work completed and machine settings.
- Clean, oil, and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oilcans, and grease guns.
- Notify supervisors of mechanical malfunctions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience with use of hand and power tools
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving, systems and method improvements skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting, kneeling, lying or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Regular lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual manufacturing environment.
- Regular visits to the office and plant; safety procedures for both areas must be followed
- May require occasional travel