This position is responsible for supporting the plant to ensure vans are built timely and accurately. Responsibilities include assembling and installing electrical components into the vans.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Perform assembly and installation of manufactured and purchased material, hardware and electrical components. Such as 12v components, solar panels, roof top vents, air conditioner, battery banks, exterior/interior lighting, radios, amps, motorized running boards, water pumps, and other 12v product
- Use basic knowledge of 120v for wiring gfci outlets, inverter connection, and other 120v products
- Use handheld tools, impact driver, drill, crimpers, wire strippers, multi-meter, test light, vehicle code reader, and other tools
- Clean your components and your areas of work inside the van before it leaves your station
- Communicate installation status and troubleshooting results with the lead of electrical team
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience similar to RV technicians with electrical preferred
- Must have 12-volt electronic, automotive, mechanical and/or technical work knowledge.
- Read and understand schematics, drawings, and invoices
- Experience with use of hand and power tools
- AC/DC fundamentals are preferred
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving, systems and method improvements skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting, kneeling, lying or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Regular lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual manufacturing environment.
- Regular visits to the office and plant; safety procedures for both areas must be followed
- May require occasional travel