This position is responsible for detailing the inside and outside of the vans to prepare them for delivery to the customer.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Perform cleaning of vehicles using cleaning supplies and equipment such as brushes, scrapers, vacuums, cleaning solutions, etc.
- Apply polisher, conditioners, waxes and/or masking materials to preserve, protect and restore vehicle’s interior and exterior.
- Clean engine and engine compartments.
- Maintain cleaning supply inventories.
- Monitor the cleaning equipment for proper operation and maintenance.
- Inspect parts, equipment and vehicles for cleanliness and damage.
- Maintain a clean area and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Help maintain overall site appearance including general cleaning of the interior and exterior of shop location.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Prior detailing experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid driver license and a good driving record.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving, systems and method improvements skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change.
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged sitting, kneeling, lying or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Regular lifting up to 50 pounds. Infrequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Normal vision range.
- Normal sensory ability to smell.
- Frequent rapid mental/hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Continuous talking in person and by phone in a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Continuous hearing in person and by phone from normal or whispering voice.
- Usual manufacturing environment.
- Regular visits to the office and plant; safety procedures for both areas must be followed