How it Works
All of our vans are purpose-built.
The Outside Van Process
STEP 1: Get in touch with our team
After browsing examples of our past van conversions, checking out the options page, and dreaming about what your Outside Van could look like, get in touch with our sales team! We will discuss:
• We have choice 4×4 vans in stock at our shop.
• Already have your own van? We’ll covert Sprinters, Transits, ProMasters, etc, as long as they are 2007 or newer.
• If you have an idea of what you’d like included in your conversion, now is the time to discuss! Our sales team will walk you through options and help you decide what makes the most sense for your custom build.
Our team will then give you an approximate build estimate.
If you decide you’d like to move forward, we will request a refundable deposit and an Outside Van designer will contact you about next steps! (see step 2)
STEP 2: Work with a designer
Now for the fun part: working with a designer to configure your van! One of our experienced designers will be paired with you to guide you through the Outside Van build process.
THE DESIGN PROCESS
• Your designer will help you configure your interior layout, exterior options, and help you decide which options will work best in your van.
• Our engineer will create CAD drawings so you can visualize the space and finalize your layout.
• You can pick out your materials (flooring, walls, cabinetry, upholstery) in person, on the phone, or by email.
Once your van is funded, it’s off to our in-house shop to be converted by the Outside Van production team (step 3)!
STEP 3: We build your van
Once in Outside Van’s shop, your designer will keep you updated on the van’s progress and timeline of completion. Then…
IT’S NEW VAN DAY!
When your van is complete, it will be available for pickup at our shop in Troutdale, Oregon! Our team would love to walk you through how to use your new Outside Van and answer any final questions you may have.
GET IN TOUCH!
Note: Parts are only available as part of a full conversion at this time. We currently are not taking requests for stand-alone parts or partial customization.
We've Got You Covered
Let us know if you would like us to connect you with the bankers, not affiliated with us, to finance your freedom.
We use real wood, lightweight composite materials, and durable, water-resistant and green fabrics. Our bumpers and racks are custom engineered aluminum. Our thermal tested heating systems are state of the art. We stand behind our materials and craftsmanship, and each Outside Van comes with a three-year, 36,000-mile written warranty on our upgrades.
Our shop is located near the Columbia River Gorge, just a few miles east of Portland, Oregon. You are welcome to visit the shop with an appointment and feel the love that goes into the vans.
When you pick up your van, we’ll give you a full rundown of everything you need to know to get on the road. Let the adventures begin!